The 14 short films selected as finalists for the 1st edition of ASEAN Short Film Competition. Congratulations to:
- Bình | Ostin Fam (2020, Vietnam, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand)
- Distance | Dexter Paul De Jesus (2021, The Philippines)
- February 1st | Momo, Leila Macaire (2021, France, Myanmar)
- How to Die Young in Manila | Petersen Vargas (2020, The Philippines)
- Lemongrass Girl | Pom Bunsermvicha (2021, Thailand)
- Live in Cloud-Cuckoo Land | Vu Minh Nghia, Pham Hoang Minh Thy (2020, Vietnam)
- Makassar Is a City For Football Fans | Khozy Rizal (2020, Indonesia, France)
- Posterity | Audrie Yeo (2021, Malaysia)
- A Sabbath on the Longest Day of the Year | Edmund M. Telmo (2021, The Philippines)
- Saudade | Russell Morton (2020, Singapore)
- Seeking Wombs For Rebirths | Lin Htet Aung (2021, Myanmar)
- Sunrise in My Mind | Danech San (2020, Cambodia)
- Tellurian Drama | Riar Rizaldi (2020, Indonesia)
- A Trip to Heaven | Linh Duong (2020, Vietnam)
The 14 selected short films will be screened in the competition as part of the Bangkok ASEAN Film Festival 2021. Three prizes will be awarded by a jury panel.
• Best ASEAN Short Film
The winner will receive a cash prize of 2,000 USD and a trophy.
• Jury Prize
The winner will receive a cash prize of 1,000 USD and a trophy.
• Special Mention
The winner will receive a cash prize of 500 USD and a trophy.